I'm trying out Taco Tuesday because I can't help but wonder if there are at least a few other book brains out there who dislike having to think about keeping themselves alive when they're too busy breathing life into their fictional characters. Can I get an amen?
Today may be the first and last Taco Tuesday. Enjoy it while you can! Here's one of my go-to dinners that's pretty hard to mess up.
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup bottled salsa (fresh salsa is good in everything EXCEPT this recipe.)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Six 8-inch tortillas and possibly some butter
1. Stir cumin, oregano, green onions, salsa, and cheese into chopped chicken.
2. If you like extra calories, spread some butter on the outsides of flour tortillas.
3. Spread the chicken mixture on three of the tortillas. Top with the remaining tortillas. (OR if you'd rather make burritos, you can roll up the chicken mixture in six tortillas.)
4. Bake or pan fry the quesadillas till the tortillas are lightly brown and crispy. If making burritos, I bake them at 400 for about 20 minutes. If making quesadillas, I throw them in a frying pan on medium high heat.
5. Serve with sour cream and guacamole if you want, but I usually don't have any.Easy peasy? Any questions?
What's your go-to meal when you need to prepare something in your own kitchen and aren't in the mood to expend much energy?
Thanks, as always, for coming by the blog. Happy eating.